Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Hi! It's Lauren, and I'm back from Europe!

I was away for 2 weeks, but it felt like I was there for months! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  I was able to meet so many new people, and see sites that otherwise I may have never seen.  My travels included Ireland, Scotland, and England.  I think the best way to post is one from each place.  So, this post will focus on Ireland.

I was in Ireland for a week, more specifically Dublin.  I was surprised to see how small the city was.  We walked EVERYWHERE, and by the end I felt like I had been there forever because of how well I could get around.  While I was there I saw national museums, Trinity College, The Guinness Factory, The Jameson Factory, Newgrange, and Howth.  Along with these beautiful sights, I also saw lots of rain!  But being in Ireland, I expected this.
Since I was in Ireland for a business class, I also got to go to the Dublin Institute of Technology for three lectures.  Although school during the summer is never fun, it was interesting to listen to another country's perspectives on business.

I'm going to try and pick my top 5 favorite pictures from Ireland, but trust me there are hundreds more that I would love to show!


Cider with my roommate Lauren at Doyle's

Trinity College: amazing architecture!

The Cliffs at Howth: beautiful until an insane rain storm hit


Gravity Bar at the Guinness Factory (too disgusting to actually drink)


Newgrange: perfect example of true Irish country-side


Thanks for reading!  Please check back for my posts on Scotland and England!

No comments:

Post a Comment