Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sittin On the Dock of the Bay

Shirt: Gifted / Shorts: H&M / Sandals: Gap

 Hello! I'm Meghan, finishing off our first set of individual posts. I'll just give you a brief insight to who I am and what you can expect to see from me! I've been an avid reader of fashion blogs for awhile now and with the help of some friends got the courage to dive in to our own. I'm not going to classify myself in to a style because I find labels to be limiting - I wear what I like which spans from combat boots to heels and everything in between. The majority of what comes out of my mouth is sarcastic or a lame attempt at a joke. When I'm not spouting out wise cracks or witty comments, I'm generally laughing - often with others, sometimes at myself - I think life overall is easier when you can laugh at yourself.

Here's some things that take up my time: fashion, dance & choreography, photography, kids (preferably the fun kind, not the bratty complaining kind), traveling, car singing, volunteering, plays&musicals, reading, comedy, vegetarianism, PostSecret, mildly entertaining television, and foolish dancing.
My iTunes consists mainly of female singers, all ranging from angsty to sappy emotional and overly joyous -so you can skip over me for party music. Which brings me to the title of this post! Driving back home for the summer from school today, I rediscovered a cover of this song by Sara Bareilles (one of my all time favorites; I'm convinced we'll be friends some day) and forgot how much I loved it. If you haven't heard it - I recommend checking it out... even if female singiers aren't your thing.


"We're taught to remember only the signifcant moments, the rights 
of passage. In truth,  the smaller steps that get us to these momentous occasions 
are just as significant. Looking back we see it's not just the high points, but the 
low points that also define who we are -- who we will become" - Everwood

No comments:

Post a Comment